Senior Relationship Services
Our Senior Relationship Services support ageing Australians and their families to have difficult conversations and discuss important life decisions.
Dealing with change and making important decisions can be tough no matter what our age is. Our counselling, mediation, case management and education services can support you to:
- Prevent or resolve family conflict
- Provide a safe space for difficult conversations
- Plan for the future (including medical, health, financial or living arrangements)
- Improve relationships
- Make decisions to protect the interests, rights and safety of your family
- Reduce the risk of elder abuse including financial and emotional abuse.
You can attend the service on your own, with your partner, carer or advocate, or as a family. Family members such as your children, carer or parent can also attend this service by themselves.
This service is voluntary and confidential. The decisions you may make are not legally binding, however your practitioner can assist to put agreements in writing if requested.
Senior Relationship Services are available from our Canberra and Wagga Wagga offices.
This is a free service thanks to the Commonwealth Attorney General’s Department.