Our free counselling and support services help bereaved families, friends and community members following a death under investigation by the ACT Coroners Court.
The passing of a loved one can be one of the most confronting experiences. Your ability to cope with grief can be impacted greatly by uncertainty surrounding the circumstances of your loss.
The role of the ACT Coroners Court is to investigate the manner and cause of an individual’s death. We support those impacted by a coronial investigation through specialised services including:
- liaison with the coronial office and staff
- emotional support at coronial hearings
- trauma, grief and bereavement counselling
- family therapy
- information about the impact of trauma, grief and bereavement
- warm referrals to other services as appropriate.
Coronial Counselling services are available from our Canberra office.
This is a free service thanks to ACT Health.