Everyone has the right to feel safe, including people living with a disability.
People with disabilities often experience a range of adverse situations, including:
- Emotional and verbal abuse
- Physical and sexual abuse
- Legal and financial abuse
- Coercive control and manipulation
- Neglect and social isolation
By accessing the right support services, you can start to make progress in these areas:
- Start to work through past trauma
- Regain confidence and self-esteem
- Nurture emotional and mental wellbeing
- Learn coping mechanisms to help manage stress
- Learn ways to respond to future negative behaviour.