Conflict is a normal part of any relationship, but it should never impact your safety.
Disagreements may become arguments and although feelings may be hurt, in a healthy relationship this conflict can be resolved without physical or emotional pain.
What is domestic and family violence?
Domestic and family violence or intimate partner violence refers to a range of abusive or controlling behaviours including:
- Physical violence
- Emotional or verbal abuse
- Coercive control or manipulation
- Social isolation
- Sexual assault
It is often difficult for us to admit when our relationship becomes violent because of the love shared.
How can our services help you as a couple?
- Assistance to identify and change harmful behaviours
- Bring about positive change to your relationship
- Learn ways to better manage conflict
How can our services help you as an individual?
- Develop an exit plan to help you leave a violent relationship safely
- Learn ways to support your children if you’re a parent
- Work through trauma
- Learn ways to respond to negative behaviour in the future
- Develop tools to cope with and manage stress
- Work to regain your confidence and self-esteem